Direct organization’s development planning and evaluation.
- Work with Board’s Development Committee to create and oversee organizational development plans.
- Work with staff and Board of Directors to implement fundraising strategies.
- Work with Executive Director to address cash flow needs.
- Work with the Board’s Finance Committee and Executive Director to create organizational budgets.
- Evaluate and track fundraising program results, and develop strategies to improve fundraising performance.
- Be strategic in prospecting and identification of new potential major donors and growing the major donor universe.
Coordinate major donor program.
- Create annual major donor goals and schedule.
- Maintain regular communication and build organizational relationships with major donors.
- Research new major donor prospects.
- Upgrade small donors to major donors.
- Initiate contact and set up meetings for new and current major donors with Board members and Executive Director.
- Manage and staff call time for Executive Director and members of the Board.
- Ensure any and all follow up on all major donor prospects is completed in a strategic and timely manner.
- Develop and manage the Board Fundraising Committee.
Manage foundation fundraising.
- Work with Executive Director to identify foundation prospects.
- Prepare grant proposals and timely grant reports.
- Develop and manage the Board Grant Committee.
Direct membership/supporters program.
- Create membership benefits.
- Implement annual membership plan, which will include:
- Maintaining and implementing system for renewing current members, which includes mailings, phoning, thank you letters and database record keeping.
- Maintaining and implementing a system for prospecting potential new members.
Oversee annual fundraising event and coordinate business giving.
- Coordinate fundraising aspects of annual gala.
- Work with board and Executive Director to solicit business sponsorships.
- Evaluate and implement creative ways to raise money from event.
Develop and implement staff and Board involvement in fundraising efforts.
- Serve as lead staff person to Board’s Development Committee.
- Coordinate and support fundraising events with staff and/or Board members.
- Coordinate personalized mailings from staff and/or Board members including annual appeals.
- Attend all Board and staff meetings.
- Provide other Board and staff fundraising support as needed.
Assist with organizational marketing.
- Contribute to production, mailing and timelines for newsletters.
- Create and oversee the online fundraising strategy, which includes writing copy and sending fundraising emails.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of annual reports.
- Coordinate production of other marketing materials as needed (i.e. brochures, holiday cards, etc.).