District of Columbia
LCV works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
Over the next four years, LCV will more than double its network of influential leaders, including elite donors, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists, who are developing relationships with elected officials and other decision-makers. We will organize regular opportunities to educate this growing network of influential leaders and for them to engage elected officials in Washington, DC, and throughout the country.
LCV is seeking to hire a Donor Advocacy Manager who will play a leading role in growing, educating and activating this network. The Donor Advocacy Manager will ensure that we maintain a strong line of communication with the network and will often work with other organizations on coordinated lobbying efforts. The Donor Advocacy Manager will work closely with the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs to identify key issues on which the network can make an impact. He or she will also be responsible for tracking and evaluating the success of specific advocacy efforts and the breadth and depth of our network of influential leaders.
- Develop talking points, advocacy and press materials, and briefings to support donor advocacy.
- Schedule meetings with key members of Congress in DC and in key states and districts to support effective donor-led advocacy efforts.
- Play a key role in organizing LCV’s annual lobby day.
- Assist in identifying key issues where donor-lobbyists can have an impact.
- Maintain the database of information on donor lobbyists including their primary issues of concerns and the most effective ways to engage and communicate with them.
- Work in coordination with other allied organizations on coordinated advocacy efforts.
- Assist in strategically expanding the network to better meet LCV’s policy goals.
- Help ensure donors and major gift officers stay up to date on key policy issues, including through regular group and one-on-one briefings. Work with our development team to identify, cultivate, and activate new prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with at least 3 years of experience working for advocacy organizations with successful track records of impacting public policies or working for an elected official.
- Excellent interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills, self-motivation, strong judgment, and ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be creative, proactive, disciplined, and able to think strategically.
- Extremely motivated by goals, motivated to produce excellent results and exceed expectations.
- Politically savvy, with a great sense of humor and an eagerness for continued learning.
- Passionate about protecting the environment.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be professional, honest and trustworthy, and capable of handling confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Direct issue advocacy and/or political fundraising experience strongly preferred.
The Donor Advocacy Manager is a member of LCV’s Government Affairs Department. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
Senior Vice President of Government Affairs
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Donor Advocacy Manager” in the subject line by April 28, 2014, or mail to League of Conservation Voters, Attn: Human Resources, 1920 L Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036. No phone calls please.
Please apply by April 28, 2014