The Grants Coordinator & Compliance Liaison will assist with the grants management program and works to ensure that LCV and related entities report all electoral activities in a timely and accurate manner.
• Facilitates the grants administration program for LCV and LCV Education Fund grants to state league organizations from the State Capacity Building Division and assists with grants from other Divisions.
• Participates in the writing and editing of grant RFPs and funding policies and procedures, reviews grant proposal submissions, creates grant award letters for all outgoing grants and processes grant checks.
• Manages electronic online grants database and maintains the calendar for proposals, grants, and reports, and keeps track of pending progress and final reports from grantees.
• Serves as contact for grantee inquiries and communicates grant requirements and reporting deadlines to grantees in a professional and timely manner.
• Aids the Development & Finance Divisions in preparing outgoing grant proposals and reports.
• Manages tracking systems to ensure that expenses related to independent expenditure and other electoral communications are accurately reported to the FEC and/or state election agencies in a timely fashion.
• Works closely with the National Campaigns Director and Campaigns Division to ensure that electoral contracts and invoices with vendors, consultants and field staff are processed and paid in a timely fashion, and to track overall expenses as they relate to approved budgets.
• Engages in real-time communications with outside compliance vendor and with all Divisions to track and report all independent electoral activity for each LCV entity including LCV Action Fund and LCV Victory Fund.
• Supports Division programs and projects as needed.
• Education: College degree required.
• Work experience: At least one year of experience on nonprofit advocacy or compliance work. Experience in project management preferred. Familiarity with grants administration and online technology desirable.
• Skills: Strong attention to detail; well-organized and able to manage several projects at once; works well in a fast-paced environment; quick learner; proficient with spreadsheets; critical thinking skills with a willingness to ask questions; a sense of teamwork and community; effective communicator; and an interest in politics and environmental issues.
• Conditions: Ability to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and is funded through 12/31/14.
Assistant General Counsel & Grants Director
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Grants Coordinator & Compliance Liaison in the subject line by November 2, 2013. No phone calls please.
League of Conservation Voters is an equal opportunity employer
Please apply by November 2, 2013