The League of Conservation Voters is seeking an energetic, creative, and smart Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to join our growing major gifts program. The MGO manages and develops a portfolio of current, lapsed and prospective donors, deepening personal relationships in person, over the phone, and in writing. In addition, the MGO will work with our state league partners to raise funds jointly from both national and state league donors and major donor prospects as part of a collaborative fundraising structure. The MGO is a senior member of our talented and accomplished Development Division. This position is based in either Washington, D.C. or Seattle, WA and reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
• Manage and develop a portfolio of 100 current and 400-500 lapsed and prospective donors, deepening personal relationships in person, over the phone and in writing.
• Travel extensively for major donor visits and solicitations, often in conjunction with state leagues, aiming to hold 10 visits a month and to exceed revenue goals.
• Develop and support cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for LCV’s President, and other key Board and staff.
• Help develop and meet ambitious goals within the framework of LCV’s broader strategic plan.
• Conduct research on donors and prospects as needed, working closely with the research coordinator.
• Work collaboratively with development, communications, and program staff, along with state league partners, to develop compelling materials and scripts to maximize fundraising results.
• Serve as a training resource and mentor to state league executive directors, development staff, and state leagues boards as appropriate.
• Ensure portfolio records are current with all necessary and pertinent information, and input contacts and actions into database in a timely manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College degree required, with 5+ years of experience in fundraising or organizing.
• Must have expert interpersonal skills, be energetic, and have enthusiasm for travel.
• Extremely motivated by goals, motivated to produce excellent results and exceed expectations.
• Politically savvy, with a great sense of humor and an eagerness for continued learning.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player, you enthusiastically pitch in to help out a colleague.
• Passionate about protecting the environment.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Issue advocacy and/or political fundraising experience are strongly preferred.
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with "MGO" in the subject line no later than June 1, 2013, or mail to League of Conservation Voters, Attn: Human Resources, 1920 L Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036. No phone calls please.
The League of Conservation Voters is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply by June 1, 2013