District of Columbia
The Special Assistant to the SVP of Development enhances and supports the work of the Senior Vice President and works closely with the Foundations Fundraising team, including on administration, grant tracking and writing support as appropriate.
• Assist the Senior Vice President of Development, as needed, including with administrative, writing, travel logistics, and scheduling support.
• Oversee grants tracking, ensuring all reporting and proposal deadlines are met.
• Assist the foundations team with research, writing, funder cultivation, data entry and other projects as needed.
• Working closely with the research team, conduct research on current and prospective donors, help keep the data base up to date and prepare donor briefings as assigned.
• Develop and implement logistical and administrative systems to keep the Development Division efficient and effective.
• Coordinate information sharing with-in the department, including by scheduling and preparing agendas and prep documents for team meetings.
• Contribute to team effort with other projects as assigned.
• Education: College degree required.
• Work experience: Experience working in a non-profit, political organization or campaign desirable; database experience preferred.
• Skills: Good written and oral communications skills, excellent skills in word processing and spreadsheets (Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel required, PowerPoint preferred). Attentive to details, and adept at developing and maintaining systems.
• Capabilities: Extremely well organized; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; commitment to environmental protection and mission of LCV.
• Conditions: Able to work occasional overtime to get the job done.
Senior Vice President of Development
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Special Assistant" in the subject line, or mail to League of Conservation Voters, Attn: Human Resources, 1920 L Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036 by Sept. 15, 2013. No phone calls please.
The League of Conservation Voters is an equal opportunity employer.
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national priorities. To secure the environmental future of our planet, LCV’s mission is to advocate for sound environmental policies, to elect pro-environmental candidates who will adopt and implement such policies and to provide the state LCVs with the resources and tools to accomplish and sustain their mission.
Please apply by September 15, 2013