District of Columbia
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national priorities. To secure the environmental future of our planet, LCV’s mission is to advocate for sound environmental policies, to elect pro-environmental candidates who will adopt and implement such policies and to provide the state LCVs with the resources and tools to accomplish and sustain their mission. The Data & Targeting Director will work with the Campaigns Department, Policy & Lobbying Department, Membership Department and the state LCVs to develop and oversee all data and targeting related activities on issues and elections. We are seeking a strategic thinker who can help LCV utilize data and analytics to engage environmentally-minded citizens across the country, build support for environmental priorities and elect pro-environment candidates.
• Generate, manage and track voter, membership and volunteer lists for LCV programs, including mailings, online outreach, canvasses and phones, in a fast-paced campaign setting.
• Conduct voter targeting and analysis with an emphasis on the application of microtargeting, demographic and geographic factors.
• Manage contracts and relationships with voter file, data, analytics and technology vendors, and serve as a liaison to other organizations that LCV works closely with on data-related issues.
• Explore and devise opportunities to test and measure the impact of all of our programs, including working closely with entities such as the Analyst Institute.
• Work with the membership department at LCV to synchronize data across departments.
• Put together regular program reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: College degree required.
• Work experience: At least eight years of experience on either issue or electoral campaigns focused on voter contact data management and targeting. Must have experience with how modeling is utilized in campaigns.
• Skills: Strong data management skills; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously; proficient with VAN, Catalist and other data management tools; familiarity with use of auto-dialer; understanding of and commitment to testing and running metric-based programs; strong understanding of strategic use of data; ability to collaborate well with others; works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; ability to communicate effectively about complex topics; understanding of environmental issues and their potential to engage the public.
• Conditions: Ability to work overtime with little notice; able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
National Field Director
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Data & Targeting Director in the subject line by December 20th, 2014. No phone calls please.
Please apply by December 31, 2013