The top 10 worst things Donald Trump has said about the environment...so far.
10. "In the 1920s, they talked about the phenomena of global cooling … Now they think the planet is getting warmer … Nobody knows for sure."
Sorry Don — 97 percent of scientists, NASA, and the U.S. Military all know climate change is real: http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
9. "I’m not a big believer in man-made climate change … we’ll see what happens."
What will happen is more powerful weather, severe droughts, sweltering heat, decreased air quality, economic decline…shall we go on?
8. "We have a small, a very, very small planet compared to the universe, right?"
We’re not entirely sure what point Donald Trump was trying to make here…but it can’t be good.
7. "It’s really cold outside … we could use a big fat dose of global warming!"
6. "You can’t get hurt with extreme weather."
It’s hard to make fun of this one because he’s so dangerously wrong. Katrina, Sandy, the Baton Rouge flooding, devastating wildfires in the west — our communities, children, and families are not only getting hurt, they’re losing their homes and their lives.
5. "If you look at what’s happening in the energy industry … they have so many regulations that they can’t breathe."
Straight from the source — Donald Trump cares more about letting Big Oil and Dirty Coal breathe than people.
4. "Any and all weather events are used by the GLOBAL WARMING HOAXSTERS to justify higher taxes to save our planet! They don’t believe it $$$$!"
3. Trump, when asked if he would drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge: "Absolutely."
Why are we not surprised?
2. "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."
Maybe if we look past the fact that the U.S. and China just ratified the Paris Climate Agreement … Nope. Still can’t make reason out of this gibberish.
1. "This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bullshit has got to stop. Our planet is freezing."
10 of the 15 hottest years were in the last decade. 2016 is on pace to be the hottest year on record. All around the world we are crushing heat records — and that’s not a good thing.
Paid for by the League of Conservation Voters, www.lcv.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.