Paul Ryan: Big Oil's Dream VP Pick
11 Aug 2012 |
Mitt Romney is doubling down on the Koch Brothers agenda -- picking a running mate who has received thousands in campaign cash from the oil tycoons. At the same time, Ryan is a staunch climate change denier and a leading voice in the most anti-environmental House of Representatives in our nation’s history.
Here's a few fast facts about Paul Ryan:
- Ryan earned a score of just 3% in LCV's 2011 National Environmental Scorecard, and his lifetime score is a dismal 20%.
- Ryan has received $244,250 (and counting) from the oil and gas industry.
- Ryan has received $115,500 from Koch Industries employees and their PAC over the years.
- Ryan's budget plan maintains $40 billion in special tax breaks for Big Oil.
- Ryan has promoted unfounded conspiracy theories about climate scientists.
Click here for more info from ThinkProgress on Ryan's anti-environmental record, and click here for more on Romney's Big Oil agenda.