Title: Administrative Associate to the President’s Office
Department: Executive Office
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Washington, DC, eligible for remote work up to 4 days a week.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: No
Job Classification Level: A
Salary Range (depending on experience): $58,000 – $73,000 (effective April 1, 2024)
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring an Administrative Associate to the President’s Office who will provide administrative support to the Chief of Staff and overall support for the functioning and culture-building efforts of the President’s Office. This position includes frequent interfacing with the Executive Team, senior staff, and external partners, including on occasion board members. We are seeking an exceptionally organized and efficient individual with high attention to detail who also thinks holistically about the needs and expectations of the President’s Office. The ideal candidate is creative, self-driven, organized and committed to centering racial justice and equity (RJE) in our work. The candidate must possess a high level of trust and integrity as they will handle confidential and sensitive information. LCV staff are mission-driven, motivated, and strive to lead with our values of accountability, anti-racism, community, innovation, learning, and sustainability.
- Assist the Chief of Staff with administrative tasks, scheduling support, writing, travel logistics, reimbursements and expense reports, as needed.
- Support the Chief of Staff in the development and execution of weekly full-staff meetings including topic development, collection of weekly departmental updates, confirmation of presenters, coordination with interpreters, and preparing announcements of arriving and departing staff.
- Provide logistical and in-person support for bi-annual executive team retreats, quarterly board meetings, and annual full staff retreat including: ordering and receiving food and supplies, preparing materials, coordinating the setting up and cleaning of physical space.
- Provide logistical support for virtual and in-person meetings, and lead note-taking and disseminating follow-ups in several regularly occurring meetings, including confidential executive team and occasional board-related meetings.
- Archive all department wide materials and documents and ensure files are retained consistent with organizational policy, including appropriate use of Google Drive and organizational network drive.
- Contribute to the team with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 10% including staff retreats, meetings, occasional board meetings/retreats, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Conduct in-office responsibilities from LCV’s Washington D.C. office on average one day per week, including occasional in-person check-ins, meetings, and logistical support.
- Contribute to organizational and department efforts to infuse racial justice and equity into all aspects of our work.
- Support efforts to build community and foster enjoyment of in-person work for the DC office.
- Help foster a culture of inclusivity, community, collaboration, and trust, including providing opportunities to staff to build relationships across the organization and with the President’s Office.
- Work with the Chief of Staff to review and track the executive budget, including around any confidential issues. Track President’s Office spending for LCV and related entities by processing all incoming invoices.
- Work with the Finance team to reconcile expenses on a quarterly basis to ensure accurate coding.
- Support the creation and tracking of contracts with consultants and other vendors, as needed, for the President’s Office.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 1 year of experience in administrative support for a team. Preferred – Experience working directly for someone in senior leadership in an organization; experience doing so in a non-profit, political organization or campaign. Experience working on organizational culture and/or community building.
- Skills: Required – Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Excellent written and oral communications skills, and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Extremely well organized; high level of integrity and ability to manage confidential information; solid judgment; self-starter, critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and ability to foster community; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks; plans ahead and can see the big picture;. Preferred – Experience with Zoom and Google Suite.
- Cultural Competence: Shares LCV’s commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with external partners and board members and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Associate to the President’s Office” in the subject line by February 27, 2024. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.