Title: Associate Manager of Development Administration
Reports to: Senior Director of Development Systems
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: C
Salary Range (depending on experience): $63,819-$77,646
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring an Associate Manager of Development Administration who will be a critical member of a top-notch team of fundraising professionals, supporting and enhancing the work of the department’s leadership team to help implement multiple fundraising strategies on a growth-oriented, ambitious, and sophisticated team of major gifts officers, grant writers, researchers, marketers, and more. This position will assist with the tracking of departmental budgets, research and preparation of materials, and provide administrative support to the SVP for Development and the Development department. This position is critical to the infrastructure of the department, ensuring that logistics and operations are managed smoothly for the overall success of our fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate is creative, self driven, organized and committed to centering racial justice and equity in our work. LCV staff are mission-driven, motivated, and strive to lead with our values of accountability, anti-racism, community, innovation, learning, and sustainability.
Team Culture and Operations
- Assist SVP for Development with administrative tasks, writing donor communications, memos and board reports, travel logistics, reimbursements, expense reports, and scheduling support, as needed.
- Help plan and administer departmental planning processes, including playing a key role in planning and executing departmental retreats, including supporting departmental trainings, surveys and meetings.
- Maintain tracking for all department objectives, communication with the rest of the organization including completing board reports and quarterly racial justice and equity reports.
- Play a key role ensuring the development team centers anti-racist fundraising principles in our strategies, including supporting the Anti-Racist Fundraising Team Task Force in planning trainings, administering the gift acceptance policy, and leading and supporting team building efforts and inter-departmental communications.
- Provide logistical support in virtual and in-person meetings and lead note-taking and disseminating follow-up in several regularly occurring meetings related to fundraising strategies and activities.
- Help foster a culture of inclusivity, community, collaboration, and trust, including providing opportunities to build relationships with others on the team.
- Archive all department wide materials and documents and ensure file retention between Google Drive and organizational network drive.
- Travel up to 5% for events, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Contribute to the team with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support for the budget creation and revision processes, including liaising with principal fundraisers on projections and working closely with the Vice President, Development Operations.
Board and Donor Strategy and Engagement
- Run planning meetings focused on top tier donors with principal fundraisers, update and distribute reports, take notes, create task lists for principal fundraisers and follow up with them, as needed
- Serve as liaison between various sub teams within Development on reports and reporting needs, working with the fundraising data team to create and maintain reports.
Serve as the Board Development Committee liaison and help implement their charter, including scheduling regular meetings, sharing notes and other key information.
Support the Senior Vice President of Development in their major gifts fundraising efforts and Board committee engagement by securing meetings, scheduling calls, and managing all necessary follow up for donors in the SVP’s portfolio.
- Work directly with Board Chair, Development Committee Chair, and other board members on high touch stewardship for top tier donors.
- Staff board meetings and events, as needed.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 3 years of experience in administrative support for a team, including project management and scheduling. Preferred – Experience working directly for someone in senior leadership in an organization; experience doing so in a non-profit, political organization or campaign.
- Skills: Required – Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Excellent written and oral communications skills, and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and databases; knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential. Adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Extremely well organized; high level of integrity and ability to manage confidential information; solid judgment; self-starter, critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks; plans ahead and can see the big picture. Preferred – Experience with Salesforce, Zoom, and Google Suite.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems. Interest in electoral politics and some understanding of how the electoral landscape affects policy advocacy.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. The person in this position frequently communicates with donors and must be able to exchange accurate information. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Associate Manager of Development Administration” in the subject line by April 3, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.