Title: Associate Manager of Digital Marketing
Reports to: Vice President of Membership & Direct Response Fundraising
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: C
Salary Range (depending on experience): $63,819-$77,646
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring an Associate Manager of Digital Marketing to project manage LCV’s lead generation program, grow our grassroots email list, mobile list, and grow our sustainer program, including building a more racially diverse and engaged community. The Associate Manager of Digital Marketing will work closely with the Vice President of Membership & Direct Response Fundraising and our consultants to execute LCV’s lead-generation strategies, giving feedback on content and helping to direct creative. Primary goals include expanding LCV’s email marketing and mobile audience, diversifying the demographics of LCV’s online grassroots community, and managing relationships with vendors. This role is an excellent opportunity for an integrative thinker to be a part of an innovative and dynamic team that runs groundbreaking online campaigns to promote environmental policies and priorities.
- Coordinate advertising campaigns across social media platforms, display and search, and media outlets.
- Assist in identifying and developing data driven dynamic creative that engages and mobilizes LCV’s existing activist base, and reaches new audiences, including communities of color.
- Set up a portion of ads in-house using tools like Facebook Business Manager and Google Ads.
- Project manage our lead generation work with our consultants on direct-to-donate and donor acquisition campaigns.
- Serve as the primary point of contact at LCV for all data-sharing collaborations such as joint actions with our state partners and other allied organizations and lead the entire process from start to finish.
- Manage list buying efforts and list processing procedures.
- Carefully track the media spend to stay on budget.
- Work across the organization to help pilot programs aimed at building a more racially diverse online community to reflect the climate movement and work together on issue advocacy campaigns.
- Work with our cross-departmental data teams to efficiently and accurately track our membership growth, reengagement, donor acquisition and reactivation, and sustainer work. Lead tracking and reporting to measure the success of online campaigns.
- Find ways to support and lift LCV’s brand in the digital space and expand our messaging on racial justice and equity priorities.
- Actively apply a racial justice and equity lens to LCV paid online communications under their purview, with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise.
- Travel up to 10% for staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in paid media, online advocacy, or digital marketing. Experience writing, creating, and/or curating compelling content. Experience with lead generation and campaigns built for conversion both organically and through paid advertisements on a wide variety of platforms. Experience tracking budgets and using data-driven methods to measure the success of campaigns. Experience working in Facebook Business Manager and Google ads. Experience with project management. Preferred – Experience in a nonprofit, political organization, agency, or campaign. Experience with SEM, eCRM, Salesforce, SEO, or analytic experience.
- Skills: Required – The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and collaborative team player with an innovative and creative mindset who understands and is passionate about the urgent need to build a stronger base of diverse online supporters; excellent communicator and copywriter with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment. Preferred – Familiarity in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Familiarity with Salesforce and analyzing data to draw actionable insights.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Manager Digital Marketing” in the subject line by January 29, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.