Title: Director of Revenue
Reports to: Vice President of Accounting
Positions Reporting To This Position: Senior Revenue Accountant and Revenue Accountant
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: No
Job Classification Level: M-I
Salary Range (depending on experience): $84,728 -$108,000
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Director of Revenue who will be primarily responsible for leading the timely execution of accounting closing activities related to revenue recognition and ensuring the accuracy of revenue based on applicable accounting guidance to the LCV family of organizations, including LCV Education Fund. This position works closely with the Director of Grant Management to ensure the organization’s revenue policies and processes associated with revenue streams are in compliance with US GAAP, specifically ASC 606.
- Monitor coding against revenue and all new revenue codes in journal entries.
- Monitor AP/AR cyclical activity of grant funds in conjunction with transactional AP/AR accountants. Flag errors, compliance issues and areas needing reclassification and adjustments against grant expectations.
- Support documentation for revenues.
- Review all revenue accountant entries that cross revenue activity.
- Adhere to financial policies and month close timelines.
- Ensure all records of incoming revenue in the accounting database are accurate.
- Work with the VP of Accounting, Senior Director of Accounting, and Senior Revenue Accountant to support and review various schedules and feeder documents around revenue for major processes and projects (i.e. 990, Audit, Financial Statements, Cash Report, Balance Sheet Report, Asset Reports and FEC and state compliance reports and filings, etc.).
- Reconcile accounts in income statements and balance sheets.
- Develop policies and procedures for the Finance department.
- Lead process improvement efforts to ensure efficiency of the department’s processes and support organizational growth while enhancing the internal control environment review.
- Manage, and provide feedback and coaching to members of the Revenue Accounting team based on areas of responsibility.
- Support efforts to create a departmental and organizational culture that is inclusive, respectful, and equitable with other finance staff.
- Participate in developing and tracking progress on the department’s racial justice and equity goals. Support the Vice President of Accounting in the preparation of financial accounting reports around these goals for the Senior Vice President of Finance.
- Manage and support audit requests for areas of responsibility.
- Monitor coding against revenue and all new revenue codes.
- Plays a leadership role in all finance and accounting migrations, system selections and implementation, including the Salesforce integration to Sage Intacct.
- Reconcile investment accounts.
- Lead the integration of the bank reconciliation to Sage Intacct.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as needed.
- Travel up to 10% of the time for staff, retreats, training, and conferences, as needed.
- Work Experience: Required – Five years of experience in finance positions, with at least one year of revenue tracking and reconciliation to include Salesforce database integration; and one year management experience. Understanding of GAAP Accounting and Internal Controls. Experience with AR Accounting, ASC 606 revenue recognition standards, and revenues/contract management software. Preferred – Experience working in a non-profit, political organization, or campaign, Salesforce database experience, and a CPA candidate.
- Skills: Ability to effectively manage time to meet multiple competing deadlines often under pressure. Strong technical acumen. Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills, strong word processing and spreadsheet skills (Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel required, PowerPoint preferred), attentive to details, and adept at developing and maintaining systems and processes. Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Ability to adapt well to new technologies and effective time management skills. Must demonstrate initiative in problem-solving; critical thinking skills; must be able to communicate effectively with members of the Finance Team as well as staff members of other departments and vendors; self-starter, ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and lead on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Director of Revenue” in the subject line by January 29, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.