Title: Fundraising Operations & Training Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Development Operations
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: D
Salary Range (depending on experience): $75,945 – $92,697
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Fundraising Operations & Training Manager who will ensure that the Development team has the proper training on various fundraising tools to meet their strategic goals. This role will be a strategic partner that will act as a liaison between the fundraising sub-teams and the Operations Team within the Development department to ensure effective and efficient project management. The Operations & Training Manager will oversee the collection, creation, and maintenance of documentation pertaining to LCV’s complex fundraising data structure, and will be responsible for planning, creating, and executing training programs, throughout all phases, to ensure maximum effectiveness in meeting strategic goals and achieving revenue growth. The training program will include new hire training, training on system/procedural changes, and ongoing refresher training.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Development Operations to ensure fundraising operational tasks performed by internal staff and external partners, including vendors, are documented.
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal staff on data and operations needs.
- Maintain constant communication with stakeholders of projects to ensure effective project management.
- Assess opportunities for improvements and present recommendations in response to user feedback for product and/or process enhancements.
- Collect, create and maintain documentation on all data and operation tools, including Salesforce, Acoustic, Phone2Action/Capital Canary, EveryAction, Civis, and Wrike. Communicate changes and updates consistently, effectively, and timely to end users.
- Develop and deliver practical, timely and innovative training programs and resources that demonstrably enhance productivity and deepen the skill set, functional expertise, and capabilities of the department.
- Create training programs and materials that advance our racial justice and equity goals of ensuring systems, tools and resources are accessible to all staff, including working with the Chief Officer for Racial Justice & Equity as well as outside consultants to translate key training materials, as needed.
- Create an onboarding process for new fundraising staff and facilitate training on department data tools so staff can achieve their 30/60/90 day goals.
- Develop training resources that include videos, training scenarios, one-page shortcut documents or screencasts for easy reference by staff.
- Work with fundraising Database Manager and campaigns Data Engineer to identify areas where staff could use additional or remedial training on procedures, thus reducing data entry problems and increasing the quality of the data.
- Collaborate with the Database Manager and Data Engineer on the implementation of new technology and validate systems and workflow to ensure all processes are functioning correctly. Identify any system weaknesses and define options to remedy them.
- Travel up to 10% for staff retreats, trainings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 4 years of experience training users to use Salesforce CRM, developing training materials and providing exemplary customer service. Must have experience using e-learning software and tools, troubleshooting problems, creating comprehensive documentation and delivering training solutions. Preferred – Experience in a non-profit or political organization. Experience facilitating adult learning, both in-person and in virtual environments.
- Skills: Required – Demonstrated ability to communicate technical findings and concepts to non-technical audiences. Expert at project management, multitasking and time management. Phenomenal at critical thinking, communication, presentation and public speaking. A strong problem-solving mindset and detail oriented. Must have a flexible training style to accommodate team members who are not technologically proficient. Preferred – Creating or maintaining an internal wiki or similar resource. Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and of the SAM & ADDIE models.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners and must be able to exchange accurate information. Must be willing and able to occasionally work beyond scheduled office hours, as needed. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Fundraising Operations & Training Manager” in the subject line by June 6, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.