Title: Development Coordinator, GiveGreen
Reports to: Vice President of GiveGreen
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Washington, DC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: B
Salary Range (depending on experience): $55,784-$65,439
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Development Coordinator who will support the fundraising operations, website, and donor management of the GiveGreen program. GiveGreen is a collaboration between LCV Victory Fund and NRDC Action Votes. GiveGreen offers political donors a powerful, easy, and strategic way to support environmental candidates and accelerate action on climate change. The program has raised over $100 million for candidates since its inception. Some GiveGreen activities are also conducted by LCV Action Fund and NRDC Action Fund PAC.
- Manage the website user support inboxes and provide timely support to donors and Portfolio Managers; troubleshoot with website developers to resolve issues to ensure donor satisfaction with the platform.
- Update and maintain all candidate profiles on website, draft, route and approve copy with political and legal teams. Ensure candidate description copy is compelling and demonstrates candidate’s commitment to climate, democracy, and environmental justice policies.
- Create custom donation landing pages for donor-led fundraising; ensure all website pages are set up correctly to allow accurate data flow between website and CRM.
- Support fundraising efforts of Major Gifts staff, Board of Directors, and Major Donors as needed; create individual donation website pages and materials.
- Work with outside consultants, GiveGreen Events Coordinator and political staff to ensure candidate priorities are updated and shared with Major Gifts staff regularly. Maintain a tracking spreadsheet with priority slates.
- Maintain a GiveGreen marketing and fundraising content library, making sure materials are refreshed regularly, reflecting racial justice and equity goals in our program; support production of post-election donor and partner reports.
- Regularly upload offline giving information into the website; maintain donor records in GiveGreen website and add tracking codes to Salesforce.
- Develop an expertise in GiveGreen data, pull and organize fundraising reports from Salesfoce, work with data consultants to update records with donor information. Provide reports to staff and principals as needed.
- Provide general administrative support to the program, as needed, including routing invoices, best efforts compliance process, scheduling meetings and preparing agendas and supporting materials.
- Test website development updates, as needed.
- Contribute to LCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Contribute to the organization’s racial justice and equity goals by raising money for priority candidates who will advance climate and environmental justice policies.
- Support fundraising events, as needed, by drafting and routing invitations, creating event website pages, tracking RSVPs, and staffing events through zoom and in-person both in and outside of Washington, DC.
- Travel up to 10% for GiveGreen events, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 2 years administrative experience working in a campaign, non-profit, or political organization; relevant for-profit or internship experience will be considered. Preferred – Experience with fundraising or online marketing. Experience in donor management or customer service. Experience in data management or working in databases or back-end of website content management. Experience producing data reports in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Skills: Strong written and oral communications skills. Must be able to learn new systems quickly (website and database) and maintain systems. Extremely well-organized and demonstrated strong project coordinator, attentive to details, and adept at developing and maintaining systems. Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at once and work with multiple stakeholders. Must thrive and enjoy working in a fast paced setting while juggling competing priorities. Motivated to meet fundraising goals and produce results.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated interest in politics and/or electoral fundraising, awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners/elected representatives/major donors and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “GiveGreen Development Coordinator” in the subject line by February 22, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.