Title: Finance Intern
Reports to: Controller
Duration: 12 weeks – January- May 2022
Schedule and Compensation: 40 hours per week; $15.20 per hour
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is seeking a Finance intern who will support the Controller, Staff Accountants and the Finance department more broadly. The Finance Intern will gain experience in the financial operations of a nonprofit advocacy organization, including supporting the preparation of journal entries, assisting with bank reconciliation and general ledger reconciliation, among other duties. Special projects include assisting with the preparation of annual reports, like the IRS Form 1099 and Form 990. This internship is a great opportunity for those who are interested in pursuing a financial operations career in the nonprofit sector.
The intern will join a small Spring 2022 internship cohort who will have access to development opportunities including a Capstone project, informational interviews with staff, office hours with senior leaders, and organization-wide trainings and discussions.
Intern Will Gain Experience in:
- Financial operations of a nonprofit advocacy organization, including entering invoices into accounting software and preparing journal entries.
- Bank reconciliation and general ledger reconciliation.
- Preparing cash reports and revenue reports.
- Processing weekly deposits.
- Recording deposits to proper revenue accounts as received.
- Participating in departmental discussions regarding racial justice and equity goals and priorities for the Finance team.
- Work Experience: Required – 6 months administrative support work. Preferred – Internship experience. Accounting or finance-related coursework or degree.
- Skills: Highly organized; strong attention to detail; excellent written and oral communications skills; strong research skills; exhibits solid judgment; critical thinking skills; able to work independently and as a team; able to handle multiple tasks; self-starter; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do, and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Commitment to environmental protection and mission of LCV.
- Conditions: The location of this position is flexible. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff and all interns are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Finance Intern” in the subject line no later than November 14, 2021. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.