Title: Chispa Arizona Digital Organizer
Reports To: Chispa Arizona Organizing Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
Location: Phoenix, AZ
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Our over 2 million members, our volunteers and staff, and our more than 30 state affiliates (together, the Conservation Voter Movement) work for a more just and equitable democracy, where people—not polluters—determine our future. This movement is an influential national network with unparalleled influence in Washington, DC, in state capitals, and in communities around the country. We are unmatched in our ability to ensure meaningful action on our key issues. We aim to bring people and communities together across racial, geographic, political, religious, economic and other differences toward collective goals instead of dividing us from one another.
LCV launched Chispa, a grassroots community organizing program, to amplify the voice and power of Latino communities to influence local, state and national decisions that impact our health and environment. Chispa has programs in Arizona, Colorado, Maryland and Nevada. As part of our long-term commitment to engage new constituencies and to diversify the environmental movement, the League of Conservation Voters, primarily through grassroots community organizing programs, is fostering strong local and national Latino leadership in the fight against climate change. Chispa Arizona focuses on making progress on clean air, clean energy, clean water, access to public lands, and a free and fair democracy for all.
LCV is hiring a Digital Organizer to join our Chispa Arizona Phoenix-based team. The Digital Organizer will integrate field organizing with online action and oversee the online presence for Chispa Arizona. This role will focus on building, engaging and growing our bilingual online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy and online fundraising. The Digital Organizer will be using digital tools to advance our organizing initiatives in the field and online, in order to mobilize and grow our statewide base of volunteers and supporters around our organizing campaigns, including a focus on protecting the Land and Water Conservation Fund, Arizona Public Service (APS) accountability and other federal and local policies. The Digital Organizer will join a hard-working, skilled and growing data-driven organizing department, working closely with the Chispa AZ Organizing and Communications Directors, and volunteer teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about the fight for environmental justice and ready to take action in the fight against polluters and climate change.
- Organize online supporters to take offline actions in order to push our campaigns forward and integrate volunteers into our organization.
- Identify and engage campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through the creation of alerts, infographics, and the management of the digital ads.
- Utilize social media, EveryAction and texting programs to maximize digital list building.
- Support the Organizing team with data training, regular reports and daily use of EveryAction and or VAN.
- Engage supporters to take action, donate to Chispa AZ and keep in touch with our program through email, social media, digital ads, mobile platforms, website(s) and online mediums.
- Perform data uploads to EveryAction email database and facilitate email campaign list selection, segmentation testing and apply strategies in collaboration with the Chispa AZ Communications Director.
- Provide reports on data analytics related to the campaign email list, Chispa AZ website, and Chispa AZ social channels to improve the effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Set up emails, donation forms for Chispa AZ , advocacy alerts, surveys, and other communications under the direction of the Chispa AZ Communications Director.
- Develop a system to monitor and coordinate response to feedback from volunteers about our campaigns messaging and provide regular updates to the rest of the department and the organization.
- Work with and train volunteers on best online digital practices and support implementation.
- Archive and tag all photo and video content across programs and campaigns.
- Support Chispa AZ fundraising campaigns with digital tools and online content.
- Update Chispa AZ website as needed with engaging and branded content.
- Find new innovative opportunities for audience expansion by staying connected to peers and digital communities.
- Create and implement new opportunities for growth of our grassroots base that will move supporters from online to take action in person.
- Analyze data on the acquisition of new Chispa volunteers and draw actionable insights to inform future strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in one of the following fields: social media management, online organizing, online marketing, communications, email advocacy, or new media. Preferred field organizing, issue based or candidate campaign experience. Experience in a political context, preferably in a Latino, progressive, or environmental organization strongly preferred.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Forward-thinking, innovative, and creative mindset willing to push Chispa Arizona to new boundaries in the online space and in relation to environmental justice. Experience using online tools to grow, engage and mobilize a membership base. Must have experience working with the VAN, EveryAction or other database. Can work with a team and in community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues. CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills are a plus. Preferred bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. The Digital Organizer should have a complex understanding of Latino communities, an unwavering commitment to racial justice, and derive inspiration from the leadership of everyday people who stand up and stand together for the health of their families, communities and our planet.
- Conditions: Ability to travel, potentially up to 10% of time, and to work some evenings and weekends. This position is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chispa AZ Digital Organizer” in the subject line by January 28, 2020. No calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.