Title: Chispa TX Digital Organizer
Department: Community & Civic Engagement
Reports To: Chispa TX Program Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: B
Salary Range (depending on experience): $55,784-$65,439
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
LCV launched Chispa in 2014, a grassroots community organizing program to ensure the voice and power of Latinx communities influence the environmental policies and decisions that impact our health and environment. Currently, Chispa has programs in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, and Texas.
Through our programs in six states, our members have taken leadership in the fights to keep rooftop solar affordable and accessible and convert dirty diesel school buses to clean electric fleets, developed Latino and other people of color policymakers as champions on environmental issues, demonstrated to Spanish-language media that the environment is a priority issue for Latinx families, and built strong relationships with social justice and environmental groups alike.
Chispa Texas is the newest member of our Chispa family having hired the Program Director in early 2021. We are currently working on setting up the foundation to have a successful and dynamic program that has the capacity to engage and grow the leadership of Latinx/Tejano communities in Corpus Christi. Members of this team will have the opportunity to be part of a team fighting for climate justice, and help build the foundation that will make the program successful for years to come.
LCV is hiring for a Chispa Texas Digital Organizer who will integrate field organizing with online action and work with the Chispa TX Program Director to oversee the online presence for Chispa Texas. The focus of this role is on building, engaging and growing our bilingual online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy, and other Conservation Voter Movement tools. The Digital Organizer will use digital tools to advance our campaigns and strategy in the field and online, to mobilize and grow our statewide base of volunteers and supporters around our organizing campaigns. This position will be part of a dynamic, skilled and growing data-driven organizing team, working closely with the Chispa TX Program Director, Chispa national team, and community members and leaders. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about the fight for climate justice and ready to take action to hold polluters accountable and advocate for community driven solutions to address climate change and environmental racism.
- Collaborate with the Chispa National Communications & Creative Strategies Director, Chispa Digital Campaigns Manager, and Chispa National Organizing Director to engage supporters to take action and keep in touch with our program through email, social media, digital ads, mobile platforms, petitions, website(s) and other online mediums including organizing online supporters to take offline action in order to support our campaigns and program.
- Work with Chispa TX Program Director to ensure accurate data program tracking related to the email lists, acquisition, event participation, signups, Chispa TX website, and Chispa TX social channels to improve the effectiveness of our campaigns and program and to inform future strategies.
- Work with Chispa National Communications & Creative Strategies Director and Coastal Bend Communications Manager to produce and disseminate multimedia content that centers the stories of communities of color at the local level. Promote via social media, email newsletters, etc.
- Support management of social media and maintain all Chispa TX digital content up to date including updating a future Chispa TX website as needed, and maintaining archive of all multimedia content across programs and campaigns.
- Support creation of online content for events, training, and volunteer opportunities; including, but not limited to, flyers, online forms, social media posts, linktree, zoom functions and technology, etc.
- Work with and train volunteers on best online digital practices and support implementation.
- Find new innovative opportunities for audience expansion by staying connected to peers and digital communities.
- Support the Chispa TX Organizing team with data training, regular reports, and daily use of VAN and Google Spreadsheets to track progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in one of the following fields: social media management, online organizing, online marketing, communications, email advocacy, or new media. Experience using online tools to grow, engage and mobilize a membership base. Must have experience working with VAN or another database.
- Preferred: grassroots organizing, issue based or candidate campaign experience. Experience in a political context, preferably in a Latinx/Tejano, progressive, or environmental organization strongly preferred.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Forward-thinking, innovative, and creative mindset willing to push Chispa Texas to new boundaries in the online space and in relation to environmental justice. Ability to work with a team and in community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues. Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish.
- Preferred: CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills are a plus.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. The Digital Organizer should have a complex understanding of Latinx/Tejano communities, an unwavering commitment to racial justice, and derive inspiration from the leadership of everyday people who stand up and stand together for the health of their families, communities and our planet.
- Working Conditions: This job operates both in a professional office environment and in outdoor and indoor public spaces, and the person will be exposed to outdoor elements such as precipitation, wind, and high/low temperatures. This position is occasionally sedentary; however, attending meetings and canvassing out in the communities is also frequently required. The person in the position will frequently be expected to move about to accomplish tasks and move between sites. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. The person in this position frequently communicates with community members and must be able to exchange accurate information. Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours as needed; ability and willingness to travel in the state and out of state for up to 10% of the time (currently paused due to COVID-19). Position requires a valid driver’s license and liability insurance or access to reliable transportation. This position is based in Corpus Christi, TX. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, through April 30, 2022.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Chispa TX Digital Organizer” in the subject line by May 8, 2022. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.