Title: Data Engineer
Reports to: Director, Data and Analytics
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Flexible (within the United States)
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: E
Salary Range (depending on experience): $80,027-$97,248
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Data Engineer who will serve as LCV’s data steward, responsible for maintaining the data warehouse as well as the coordination and integration of multiple databases that are connected with it. This role will work with the campaigns and fundraising teams and must understand the different ways data is used by each while also finding the commonalities in data usage. These teams are fast paced, like to innovate and are growing in both staff and program size. The Data Engineer must keep up with demands while finding ways to be efficient and effective.
- Serve as administrator for the Civis platform, which houses LCV’s data warehouse, managing the data architecture and access of the tool.
- Maintain all data integrations and pipelines that carry information to and from the warehouse and Salesforce, LCV’s CRM. These include SQL scripts and workflows, APIs, uploads and third-party tools such as Frakture and Zapier.
- Create or project manage new integrations, as needed, making sure they blend seamlessly with the existing data architecture.
- Monitor the warehouse and integrations to ensure high functionality, spotting potential problems before they impact programs.
- Develop, maintain and improve existing process flows.
- Document changes to the data infrastructure and maintain existing documentation.
- Collaborate with key staff on the campaigns and fundraising operations teams and external partners, vendors or consultants to determine and implement solutions to data problems.
- Provide technical expertise and input on the strategic direction to meet data needs.
- Write new support programs and scripts to fix data problems.
- Create new scripts and data models as needed to help meet LCV’s strategic plan goals.
- Analyze demographic and socioeconomic trends in membership, volunteer, and voter data and recommend measures to expand stakeholder diversity.
- Analyze racial, gender and economic justice impact of government policies and programs on LCV’s stakeholders and population at-large.
- Contribute to the Campaigns department’s racial justice and equity work and help ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 5 years of experience working with relational databases in a data role and 3 years working with a data warehouse. Experience with SQL scripts and workflows, APIs or other data interfaces, Salesforce or a similar CRM. Preferred – Experience in a non-profit or political organization. Experience with Civis or another SQL warehouse. Experience setting up or maintaining data integrations with Salesforce.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners and must be able to exchange accurate information. The location of this position is flexible. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Data Engineer” in the subject line by October 19, 2021. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.