Title: Fundraising Operations Associate
Reports to: Senior Director of Fundraising Data and Operations
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Washington, DC
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: A
Salary Range (depending on experience): $47,611-$55,715
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is seeking a Fundraising Operations Associate to support the daily operations of the Development department, including gift processing and acknowledgements, invoice payment requests, financial reporting and reconciliation and database maintenance. This position will provide administrative support to the department and additional support to the Legal and Finance departments, as needed. The Fundraising Operations Associate needs to have a high attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Development department engages major donors for the LCV family of organizations including LCV, LCV Action Fund, LCV Victory Fund, and LCV Education Fund. The team works on special events, institutional gifts, individual direct solicitation as well as major donor mail, email and phone programs. It is a great position for someone who wants to learn more about fundraising and has a desire to learn more about the administration of nonprofits.
- Act as the liaison with the Finance department, working cross-departmentally on processing incoming mail, maintaining the check log, coding high donor gifts, grants and wires.
- Reconcile revenue quarterly.
- Produce weekly high donor and online revenue reports.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure correct tracking and allocation of donations.
- Produce in-house acknowledgments for major donors, grants, and special events.
- Coordinate with external vendors for the outsourced acknowledgements, including approving data and acknowledgement proofs from Engage, the external vendor.
- Take lead in ensuring the department’s compliance with FEC regulations and best efforts.
- Process bundling checks to GiveGreen candidates in compliance with FEC rules and regulations.
- Complete FEC “Best Efforts” follow-up to LCV Action Fund, LCV Victory Fund, and GiveGreen major donors as necessary.
- Work with the Legal department to ensure all gifts accepted are following legal guidelines and that donor acknowledgement and other communication materials are legally appropriate.
- Provide support to the institutional giving team including updates to the database regarding grant deadlines and maintaining electronic files of all reports and paperwork.
- Make updates to the donor database, Salesforce, as requested or noted in returned mail from all programs; update addresses for returned major donor mail, add planned giving names to Salesforce.
- Help contribute to and track the department’s racial justice and equity work and help ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
- Provide additional administrative and logistical support to the Development department as needed.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 1 year of administrative experience; relevant internship experience will be considered. Must have experience working with a database. Preferred – Experience in a nonprofit or political organization. Experience working with IRS or FEC compliance regulations. Experience working with the Salesforce database.
- Skills: Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills. Strong organizational skills; exhibits strong judgment; self-starter; works well in a fast-paced environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; ability to shift priorities as needed. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive. Ability to create mail merges, pivot tables and formulas in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. This position is based in Washington, DC. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fundraising Operations Associate” in the subject line by December 12, 2021. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.