Title: Video Content Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Communications
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: D
Salary Range (depending on experience): $72,328 – $88,283
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Video Content Manager to serve as a key member of the communications team, which focuses on external communications through owned, earned, and social media. The Video Content Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, producing, and communicating compelling narratives that help LCV advocate for our priorities. Responsibilities will include telling stories of our organization and programs, as well as individuals and communities affected by climate change, who are thriving in the clean energy economy, confronting environmental injustices, overcoming barriers to voting, leading the fight for healthier communities, and more.
The Video Content Manager will predominantly be responsible for scripting, producing, and project managing video content, but will also work closely with the Vice President of Communications to devise overarching narratives and track LCV’s progress toward grounding our work in stories that emotionally connect with LCV’s key audiences and reflect our commitment to racial justice and equity.
- Create high-quality written and video content, and manage relationships with storytellers across the country.
- Create content that strategically furthers LCV’s programmatic goals, builds our organizational and programmatic narratives, and results in culturally relevant and competent materials.
- Grow LCV’s storytelling efforts in an ethical way. Working closely with other departments at LCV and our state affiliates, identify, support and help build relationships with storytellers who would like to share their experiences to highlight the biggest challenges our democracy and environment face as well as the successes. Prioritize storytellers whose experience and leadership have traditionally been excluded from the environmental narratives and democratic processes.
- Collaborate closely with storytellers to help guide and refine their narrative in ways that honestly capture their experience and uplift their leadership while also working to highlight LCV’s organizational priorities.
- Manage technical production of content.
- Develop and help create longform content and videos that reflect our organizational commitment to racial justice and equity.
- Create and edit in-house videos, some of which will be on tight deadlines and require quick turn-around.
- Project manage contracted videos, working with outside consultants, as needed.
- Ensure racial justice and equity are incorporated in pre-production, production, and post-production phases of content creation.
- Manage collection of video footage and, when needed, relevant photography throughout the year, and oversee photo and video shoots, on location when directing content capture in-person is safe and necessary.
- Stay up-to-date on video production and storytelling tools and trends.
- Support content planning and infrastructure.
- Work with the Vice President of Communications to intentionally plan narrative and story content that will create maximum impact in a thoughtful and ethical way.
- Help calendar major content for the year and devise a plan for implementation.
- Assist in tracking content to ensure regular examination of our impact, with an eye toward continued improvement and innovation.
- Help manage a reliable set of writers, photographers, designers and film professionals who exhibit cultural competence and bring technical expertise to our narrative and storytelling operations.
- Support development of story, video and photo libraries for use by the entire organization.
- Travel up to 20% of the time for on site work, retreats or conferences as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – Minimum of 4 years experience producing or project managing content, including videos, in a journalism, campaign, non-profit, governmental, marketing, or freelance setting. Experience working with racially diverse storytellers and supporting those storytellers in ethically portraying their experience through different mediums. Experience writing scripts, working with video crews on technical production (shooting, sound, lighting, etc.), editing videos, and using video editing software. Experience managing projects that require giving direction and feedback to contracted writers, photographers, designers, and film professionals. Preferred – Experience managing a photo and video library. Experience managing a storybank.
- Skills: Required – Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exceptional video production skills. Ability to work across multiple departmental teams, synthesize input and feedback, and maintain style and tone consistent with LCV’s brand. Ability to multi-task and remain organized while navigating tight deadlines and staying within a predetermined budget. Preferred – Proficiency in photo editing and graphic design software.
- Cultural Competence: Demonstrated awareness of one’s own cultural identity, views about difference, and the ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understands how environmental issues intersect with racism, economic and social inequality in the U.S. and has a passion for working to dismantle these systems.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partner organizations, state affiliates, consultants, and storytellers, and must be able to exchange accurate information. Able to work hours exceeding stated office hours as needed. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and portfolio that includes video production work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video Content Manager” in the subject line by October 10, 2022. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.