Title: Program Director, GiveGreen
Reports to: Vice President of GiveGreen
Positions Reporting to this Position: Development Coordinator, GiveGreen
Location: Flexible (the employee may decide whether to work remotely or from an LCV office)
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: No
Job Classification Level: M-II
Salary Range (depending on experience): $94,210-$140,400
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and best in class grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
LCV is hiring a Program Director for the GiveGreen program who will lead key functions of the program including developing a cycle political plan, managing administrative operations, the website and vendors. GiveGreen is a collaboration between LCV Victory Fund and NRDC Action Votes. GiveGreen offers political donors a powerful, easy, and strategic way to support environmental candidates and accelerate action on climate change. The program has raised over $100 million for candidates since its inception. Some GiveGreen activities are also conducted by LCV Action Fund and NRDC Action Fund PAC.
- Work closely with the political teams to develop a cycle political fundraising plan to help elect lawmakers who will solve the climate crisis, defend and strengthen our democracy, and confront racial injustice in policies at the federal and state level.
- Ensure candidates are evaluated through a racial justice and equity lens and that they support climate and environmental policy advancement goals.
- Develop strategies to build relationships with campaigns and oversee execution of candidate engagement and regular external communication about GiveGreen’s successes.
- Oversee all aspects of the website and website developer team with support from outside consultants, ensure that the GiveGreen website is functional and serves donor needs, lead vision of website innovation, prioritize new feature development and ensure timely response time to the auto-responder.
- Lead development of compelling and up-to-date website content, manage writing and design consultants as needed.
- Coordinate website testing, give final approval for new features deployment; alert the team about site maintenance and issues.
- Serve as primary leadership point of contact for all troubleshooting and urgent maintenance requests related to the website and provide regular feedback to coalition teams on status of requests.
- Ensure all web related features and content are in line with legal requirements and reflect the accessibility and equity goals of the program.
- Supervise and provide mentorship to the GiveGreen Development Coordinator.
- Contribute to LCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Contribute to the organization’s racial justice and equity goals by raising money for priority candidates who will advance climate and environmental justice policies.
- Work with the Vice President, GiveGreen and consultants to develop partnership cultivation strategies.
- Organize and lead meetings, as needed, to facilitate program decision making, including, but not limited to general planning, federal and state political meetings, legal meetings. Ensure meetings are run efficiently with clear outcomes and next steps.
- Work with the Vice President, GiveGreen, Marketing Manager, GiveGreen and other Development staff and consultants to ensure a coordinated donor communications calendar.
- Work closely with legal counsel and compliance staff to prioritize requests and to make sure all fundraising activities and communications meet legal requirements.
- Oversee administrative functions of the program including, but not limited to maintaining google drive, expense budget, review and route vendor contracts, and work closely with the finance team to ensure invoices are submitted and paid in a timely manner.
- Travel up to 10% for GiveGreen events, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Provide support to other GiveGreen program projects as needed and support the team’s fundraising goals.
- Work Experience: Required – At least 7 years of fundraising experience working in a campaign, non-profit, or political organization. Demonstrated project management experience and ability to work with major donors, key staff or consultants. Must have demonstrated experience prioritizing projects, resolving issues, and accomplishing goals. Experience managing and supervising staff. Preferred – Demonstrated ability to work with and manage key project stakeholders, including staff, consultants, funders and board members . Experience with online fundraising tools, data organization, Federal Election Commission compliance, and managing web development projects.
- Skills: Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks. Strong written and oral communications skills; highly organized. Proven and experienced project manager, ability to manage others and work with multiple team members to problem solve and accomplish tasks. Strong interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to develop relationships with individuals representing a rich mix of race, gender, talent, experience, and background. Demonstrated ability to apply a racial justice lens to a fundraising program.
- Cultural Competence: Must have an interest in political fundraising and shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. The person in this position frequently communicates with partners/elected representatives/major donors and must be able to exchange accurate information. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “GiveGreen Program Director” in the subject line by February 26, 2023. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.