Title: Community & Civic Engagement Associate
Department: Community & Civic Engagement
Reports to: SVP, Community & Civic Engagement
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Flexible (within the United States)
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: A
Salary Range (depending on experience): $50,420-$59,002
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
For more than 50 years, LCV has grown into a potent political force for protecting our planet and everyone who inhabits it. We have built a powerful national movement with 30 state affiliates, and grassroots and community organizing programs across the country.
One of the largest and fastest growing areas of work for LCV and its sister organization LCV Education Fund is using civic engagement and grassroots community organizing to fight for climate justice, pollution-free communities and an inclusive, accessible and participatory democracy. Through programs like Chispa, a grassroots organizing program operating in six states (Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, and Texas), we are building a powerful new environmental leadership base within communities of color through the Clean Buses for Healthy Niños campaign, as well as our civic engagement program that has helped over 1.5 million individuals register to vote since our first program in 2012 and won ballot measures that made voting easier and more accessible for our growing electorate in communities across the country.
The Community and Civic Engagement (CCE) Associate will assist with the tracking of the department budgets and provide administrative support, including preparation of materials, presentations and reports. This role will directly support the Senior Vice President for Community and Civic Engagement and provide general support to the CCE department. The ideal candidate is highly organized, with a strong attention to detail, and shares our commitment to the power of everyday people to affect profound change in their communities and our nation.
- Assist SVP for CCE with scheduling and other administrative matters.
- Track and maintain records of the SVP for CCE’s fundraising activities. Work with the Development department to update and monitor fundraising.
- Support the CCE department’s Senior Leadership Team with cross-program and -departmental administrative matters.
- Track department spending. Work with program and state directors to ensure timely and accurate budget monitoring.
- Provide general administrative support to the CCE department, including processing department check requests, maintaining list serves and scheduling department meetings.
- Record and distribute meeting notes, materials and minutes for key Board Committees and other meetings with outside organizations.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and events including booking meeting rooms, transportation, meals, audio-visual needs, etc., as needed.
- Archive all department-wide materials and documents.
Research & Organizing Reports
- Assist the SVP for CCE and CCE Senior Leadership Team with preparing program reports, fundraising proposals and reports, as well as monitoring foundation, LCV, and LCV Education Fund reporting and proposal deadlines.
- Organize all CCE department written materials for Board, donor, and ally meetings and pitches.
- Draft meeting materials for the Board of Directors and outside organization meetings.
- Contribute to LCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and who we do it with and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Actively participate in staff task forces and working groups to help improve and inform the organization’s practices and policies, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – Minimum of one year of experience in administrative, community organizing, civic engagement, advocacy or related work. Preferred – Experience in tracking budgets and managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Skills: Excellent writer and researcher. Excellent with Excel, PowerPoint or other presentation software. Well-organized, thorough & detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks at once with various departments to achieve shared goals. Bilingual skills in English and Spanish a plus.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Interested in expanding analysis and knowledge about the role that racial inequity plays in our society. Interested in environmental and climate justice issues, building grassroots power through community organizing, and ensuring that we have an accessible and participatory democracy that reflects all of our nation’s people.
- Working Conditions: This job operates in a professional office environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. This position is largely sedentary, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Able to work hours exceeding stated office hours, as needed; ability and willingness to travel up to 10% as needed for staff retreats, conferences or other events in Washington, DC and other cities. The location of this position is flexible. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. Please note that most LCV staff are currently working remotely, with an option for in-person work.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CCE Associate” in the subject line by June 1, 2022. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.