Title: Membership and Online Engagement Assistant
Reports To: Membership and Online Engagement Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Membership and Online Engagement Assistant is responsible for LCV’s feedback inbox, telephone inquiries and requests, and Facebook inbox. This person will be the liaison between the organization and its membership, addressing member questions and concerns in a timely, courteous, and responsive manner, as well as updating the department and the larger organization on member concerns and feedback. As a part of the MOE team, the Assistant helps inform the direction and content of our work.
The Membership and Online Engagement Assistant is also responsible for the setup of LCV emails, donation forms, advocacy alerts, and surveys, under the direction of the Membership and Online Engagement Director. The Assistant will assist with some content creation for both email and social media, as well as monitoring social media performance and the social media inboxes.
The Assistant will help in the implementation of the online GiveGreen program — LCV Action Fund’s bundling platform supporting pro-environment candidates. As a part of the Membership and Online Engagement team, the Assistant will be versed to assist with queries, setting up email audiences, and minor reporting requests if needed, and with the rest of the department, the Assistant will bear responsibility for integrating racial justice into all of our department’s work and meeting our strategic plan goals.
• Respond to member inquiries via phone, including donations, cancellations, and contact information changes.
• Monitor and respond to feedback from LCV members about our campaigns and messaging and provide regular updates to the rest of the department and the organization.
• Attend all regularly scheduled messaging meetings with consultants and internal staff.
• Work with the Membership and Online Engagement Director to setup and send fundraising and advocacy emails
• Assist with the online program by generating reports, performing queries, and uploads and exports.
• Work with the Membership and Online Engagement Director on all aspects of the GiveGreen website, LCV Action Fund’s online bundling platform, including site updates and maintenance.
• Provide light social media assistance including, but not limited to, drafting tweets and Facebook posts for the organization
• Post and update content as needed on LCV and LCVEF websites.
• Other duties as assigned, including administrative assistance where necessary.
• Work experience: At least one year of work or internship experience required and prior customer service experience essential. Experience with nonprofits, political organizations, or digital work preferred.
• Skills: Highly attentive to details and able to take ownership of routine tasks; written and oral communications skills; adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data; a sense of teamwork and community; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks; and being highly organized are essential. Experience with CRM database or CMS experience, HTML/CSS or other coding, and email programs (Convio, Salsa, etc.) are all helpful.
• Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
• Conditions: This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Membership and Online Engagement Assistant” in the subject line by July 28, 2017. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace