Title: Candidate Recruitment and Training Manager
Reports to: State Electoral Campaigns Director
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environmental candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. We aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
LCV is seeking to hire a Candidate Recruitment and Training Manager to recruit and train candidates who care about the environment to run for elected office. In the current political environment, we have the opportunity to elect state level candidates who will be leaders in tackling climate change, championing clean energy and protecting our air, land and water. In order to do that, we must build a pathway for those who are passionate about the environment to run for office. We are eager to recruit these future leaders to pursue their dreams while receiving the training they need to win. This position will work closely with our network of 29 state affiliates to bring forth those dreams.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Work with state affiliates and LCV team to write candidate recruitment plans.
- Recruit candidates for state and local office.
- Develop and execute multiple (3-5 per year) candidate trainings.
- Provide ongoing support to state affiliates in training and recruitment efforts.
- Manage candidate recruitment and training grants to state affiliates.
- Partner with other environmental and progressive organizations on candidate recruitment and training.
- Share LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive structure.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two cycles of political or campaign experience, preferably at the non-federal level
- Some experience with candidate recruitment and/or candidate training is preferred.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills and be well-organized.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple assignments with tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, curious and collaborative
- Sound political judgement
- Ability to work in coalition and collaboration with state partners
- Willingness and ability to travel
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Candidate Recruitment” in the subject line no later than June 15, 2018. No calls please.
LCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.