Title: Digital Advertising Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy
Positions Reporting to This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
LCV is seeking a Digital Advertising Coordinator to join LCV’s rapidly growing Membership and Online Engagement department. This position will help develop content and implement online advocacy campaigns that fight for our environment, with a primary focus on online advertising and list building. Projects will include managing online advertising campaigns to build support and raise awareness for action on climate change and other environmental protections at the federal, state, and local levels. Successful applicants will have excellent interpersonal skills, a data-driven mind with strong attention to detail and budget management experience, a committed interest in environmental issues, and strong communications and writing skills.
• Draft copy and work with designer on creative for Facebook, Twitter, and Google advertising campaigns and manage all aspects of the ad implementation, budget, performance optimization, and tracking.
• Work with vendors such as Care2, Change.org, Daily Kos, and Democrats.com to spread the reach of LCV’s online actions and recruit new members to the list.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for online vendors and maintain ongoing communications and relationships.
• Assist with tracking, reporting, and budget management as it relates to online advertising and list building.
• Investigate and manage new forms of paid and organic advertising to drive online actions to protect our clean air, clean water, climate, and public lands.
• Serve as primary point of contact for LCV for all cross promotions and joint actions with other like-minded organizations; draft compelling email and social content around joint campaigns.
• Assist in identifying creative campaign opportunities to engage and mobilize LCV’s activist base online.
• Provide administrative support to the team and handle contracts and invoices as needed.
• Work experience: Two plus years of professional experience in online advertising, advocacy, or digital communications, preferably in a non-profit, political organization or campaign; eCRM experience (Convio, Salesforce, SilverPop) experience working with a membership-based organization are preferred; An understanding of core performance metrics (CTR, CPA, Action rate, etc) and experience using Facebook Ads Manager and Power Editor are strongly preferred.
• Skills: The ideal candidate has strong written communication skills with a passion for the environment and a data-driven mind. Must be proficient in word processing and spreadsheets (Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel) and have experience handling sensitive data. Previous experience managing a budget and ad campaigns are strongly preferred. Candidates must have solid judgment, critical thinking skills, and a strong instinct for what drives people to action. An ability to handle multiple tasks, sense of teamwork and community, good sense of humor and organization skills are essential.
• Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
• Conditions: This job will be based in the national office in Washington D.C. College degree is not required, however the candidate should be able to demonstrate proven experience with online advertising or advocacy.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Digital Advertising Coordinator in the subject line by April 24, 2017. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace