Title: Director of Corporate and Direct Marketing
Reports To: SVP, Membership and Online Engagement
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Membership and Online Engagement Department mobilizes and activates LCV’s 2 million members in coordination with our field organizers and state partners. The Department builds and supports the membership, generates grassroots donations, develops corporate and affinity partnerships, directs all social media strategy, and oversees the development and management of LCV’s online presence.
The Membership and Online Engagement Department has a staff of eight and has been expanding. The department is the main source of LCV’s Rapid Response, grassroots fundraising, and mobilization efforts. With a focus on long-term growth and sustainability, LCV’s Membership and Online Engagement Department is in a strong position to deliver the resources needed to make LCV a more powerful force for the planet.
• Develops and execute corporate partnerships. These partnerships are designed to generate revenue for LCV and give our members added benefit to being LCV members.
• Seeks out new corporate partnerships and negotiate all aspects of the contract between LCV and the corporate partner
• Expands the currently relationship with LCV’s corporate partners.
• Markets corporate partnerships to LCV members via email, direct mail, social media, and LCV’s website.
• Oversees LCV’s direct marketing program including direct mail, telemarketing, and monthly giving.
• Compiles statistics, analysis and reports on the performance of the corporate partnerships and the direct marketing program.
• Manages a large income and expenses budget to ensure income and expense projections are met.
• Reviews our corporate partnership and direct marketing program through a racial justice and equity lens to ensure our work has a positive impact on front line communities and communities of color.
• Improves existing workflows wherever possible to improve relationships with corporate partners and works with outside vendors to improve direct marketing program.
• Coordinates internal approvals on marketing and communications assets.
• Assists in procuring proposals from designers, printers, and other outside vendors.
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate is passionate about fundraising for nonprofits, using their skills to find corporate partners willing to work with the League of Conservation Voters. The candidate is also passionate about nonprofit marketing, including managing successful direct mail and telemarketing campaigns.
• 3-5 years of experience working in nonprofits to develop corporate or similar partnerships that benefit the nonprofit for the long-term
• 3-5 years of experience developing a marketing/direct marketing program for a nonprofit with proven success in year-over-year revenue increases
• Experience with HTML and Google web services including AdWords and/or Analytics
• Understanding of trends and best practices for corporate partnerships and direct marketing.
• Strong grasp of testing and analysis
• Ability to think creatively, write and communicate well
• Several years of successful experience working with nonprofits in sales, business development or marketing role
• Demonstrated ability to think on feet and to negotiate and close successful partnerships
• Strong active listening, relationship building, and management skills
• Proven ability to establish and manage lasting, mutually beneficial business partnerships
• Self-starter, dynamic and able to thrive both individually and in a team environment
• Superb writing, presentation and public speaking skills, and ability to interact effectively with teammates
• Genuine interest in the environment, racial justice and socially responsible business models
• Strong work ethic and effectiveness at working collaboratively
• Ability to work quickly under pressure and multi-task
• Willingness to travel when necessary
• Mastery of Word, PowerPoint and Excel is essential
• Previous experience using Salesforce.com is a plus
Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
Conditions: Able to work overtime as needed to fulfill mission. Ability and willingness to travel. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Director of Member Services” in the subject line by June 30, 2017. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace