Title: Individual Giving Officer
Reports To: Senior Director of Annual Giving
Positions reporting to this Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The Individual Giving Officer at the League of Conservation Voters is an important leadership position that has a critical role in the organization’s success. This position has direct fundraising responsibilities for gifts between $1,000 and $9,999, offering a unique opportunity to learn skills needed to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts. Additionally, you will work with a highly skilled and dedicated development team that is among the best in advocacy and political fundraising.
• Perform outbound fundraising calls to manage a portfolio of potential Annual Giving donors with a focus on securing donations at $1,000-$9,999 level.
• Sustain stewardship of all mid-level donors including acknowledgment of contributions and cultivation outreach.
• Work with senior program staff to assist in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
• Work closely with the Senior Director of Annual Giving to execute an Annual Fund plan designed to significantly increase total dollars raised and number of donors in the mid-level range.
• Identify ways to highlight the organization’s racial justice commitment to donors.
• Assist in the production of all Annual Giving materials and communications, including direct mail, emails, and cultivation materials when needed.
• Accurately and efficiently record donor information in the LCV database, and ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work experience: 2-4 years’ experience working in a non-profit fundraising or campaign fundraising setting, campaign or customer service field desirable; database experience required.
• Skills: Highly attentive to details, and adept at developing and maintaining systems. Experience soliciting donors both in person and on the phone. Call time experience preferred. Good oral and written communications skills; experience working in Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel necessary.
• Capabilities: Extremely well-organized; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; strong communications skills, commitment to environmental protection and mission of LCV.
• Cultural Competence: Shares LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
• Conditions: This job will be based in the national office in Washington D.C. but will require occasional travel. Able to work overtime on occasion.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Individual Giving Officer” in the subject line no later than August 25th. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace