Title: Maine Field Director
Reports To: National Field Director
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues. LCV is hiring a Maine Field Director to lead its Maine field activities, overseeing the engagement of LCV members as volunteers and activists in issue and electoral advocacy.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
Protecting our environment requires massive grassroots support. In eight states, LCV has developed a powerful volunteer organizing structure engaging nearly 42,000 volunteers across the country to make phone calls, knock on doors, attend events and advocate on behalf of climate action. Program focuses will be on building support for reducing carbon emissions, raising awareness about the need to address climate change and helping to elect pro-environment candidates to office. The Field Director will serve as the campaign department’s lead field staffer in Maine and will be responsible for coordinating activities and logistics of the program. The Field Director will work with the in-state leadership team to build relationships with environmental groups and community leaders. The Field Director will work closely with the national campaigns team, Maine Conservation Voters and report to LCV’s National Field Director. The position will be based in Augusta.
- Develop, write and execute field plan in conjunction with Campaigns Department staff and MCV league staff.
- Oversee administrative and training aspects of the field program.
- Ensure that all volunteer outreach and engagement is meticulously tracked in VAN and reports are submitted daily.
- Coordinate event logistics, planning and execution.
- Develop relationships with environmental and other progressive leaders in the community and engage them in field events and activities.
- Shares LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience managing teams representing a rich mix of talent, experience, backgrounds, and perspectives
- 3-5 cycles community, issue, labor, or political organizing
- Fluency in VAN, Microsoft Office Suite; other field tools a plus
- Work hours vary from standard office hours and include Saturdays
- Have your own reliable transportation
- Experience working on an issue campaign, especially environmental, a plus
Duration: This position is short term and lasts through 12/31/2018. Possible extension based on funding.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2018 with “Maine Field Director” in the subject line. No calls please.
LCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.