Title: State Data Associate
Reports To: Vice President, Development Operations
Positions Reporting to This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The LCV Education Fund advocates for strong environmental protections, organizes communities to speak up about their environmental values, and engages people in the democratic process in order to enact strong environmental laws.
The State Data Associate is a new position created to support and assist LCV state league partners with their fundraising data needs. This person will serve as the first point of contact for over a dozen states using the EveryAction platform (EA8), providing them with reporting solutions making sure they are aware of product releases and helping them use the product to its fullest extent. The incumbent will work closely with EveryAction on the conversion of existing states onto a single instance of the platform, will assist in the contract and conversion process for any new states that wish to join EveryAction and will help with identifying enhancements to the product that will help the states be more efficient and effective. This position also assists the joint fundraising team in supporting states in our joint mid-range program, including coordinating prospect and target lists, overseeing data overlays and ensuring donors and donations are correctly coded.
- Assist over a dozen state affiliates who are using EveryAction with a focus on troubleshooting, reporting and data hygiene.
- Coordinate feature requests and work directly with EveryAction on implementation.
- Assist in migrating states that want to come on board with EveryAction.
- Create and share useful templates across the state chapters.
- Run data overlays between any state league and national, providing back enhanced list data to the states and updating the national database with relevant information.
- Fill state league requests for membership lists.
- Provide joint fundraising states with target lists and ensure they are receiving the correct information from national fundraising.
- Work with Finance and the Development Associate on coding and allocation of joint gifts.
- Shares LCV’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work experience: At least 2 years relevant experience working with databases, especially VAN, NGP or EveryAction; experience in a non-profit or political organization is highly desirable. Experience in customer service or help desk service is a plus. Internship experience also considered.
- Skills: Strong database management skills are required. Experience with Salesforce is highly desirable. High level of proficiency in Excel. Attentive to details, and adept at maintaining systems for easy access to information and data. Ability to document and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience. Experience with SQL or Tableau a plus.
- Capabilities: Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks and work for several people; highly organized; commitment to environmental protection and the mission of LCV.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “State Data Associate” in the subject line by May 15, 2018. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive and Equitable Workplace