Title: State Electoral Campaigns Associate
Reports to: State Electoral Campaigns Director
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state, and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environmental candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. We aim to create a workplace culture, policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
In the current political environment, we have the opportunity to elect state level candidates who will be leaders in tackling climate change, championing clean energy and protecting our air, land and water. This position will work closely with the State Electoral Campaigns Director to collaborate with our network of state affiliates to develop thoughtful, creative and strategic programs for the 2018 elections in the states and help administer the grant programs to for this work. Races of focus will include governor, legislature, attorney general and local races such as mayor.
This position will be based in Washington, D.C.
- Work with state affiliates to develop electoral plans for 2018 non-federal elections.
- Track electoral grants to state affiliates.
- Engage with state affiliate political directors via monthly calls, trainings and in person meetings.
- Assist with management of political portion of the GiveGreen program to help raise money for state candidates who are environmental champions.
- Work in coordination with other national environmental and progressive groups to align programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least two cycles of political or campaign experience, preferably at the non-federal level.
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills and be well organized.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
- Sound political judgement.
- Ability to work in coalition and collaboration with state partners.
- Highly motivated, curious and collaborative
- Experience drafting political plans is preferred.
Duration: This position is short term through 11/30/2018
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “State Electoral Campaigns” in the subject line no later than March 31, 2018. No calls please.
LCV is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.