Title: States Programs Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Vice President, State Capacity Building
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment reflects the organization’s commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Engaging communities of color among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
The LCV Education Fund advocates for strong environmental protections, organizes communities to speak up about their environmental values, and engages people in the democratic process in order to enact strong environmental laws.
The States Programs Coordinator is based in Seattle within the State Capacity Building Department and works to implement and improve the capacity building programs for state affiliates with specific emphasis on managing and evaluating the annual conference, training, and cohort programs; maintaining network-wide communication platforms; and managing data analysis. This position will also work with other departments and with our state partners to develop and implement existing and new states-related programs.
- Manage all logistics, budgets, evaluations, and communications for an annual conference, trainings, and cohort programs, including activities such as finding locations, managing registration, developing banquet event orders, coordinating trainers and volunteer staff, and assembling program materials, working in partnership with staff and network members serving as programmatic content lead.
- Integrate organizational and departmental racial justice and equity goals into all conference, trainings, and cohort programs.
- Foster network-wide relationships, collaboration, and internal communications via online tools, new technologies, and other tactics.
- Create and disseminate information and resources on a regular basis to state partner organizations, such as states related programs, training announcements, lessons learned, and example documents and tools.
- Work with the State Capacity Building department, with other departments within LCV and LCV Education Fund, and with state partner organizations to implement states-related programs.
- Manage collection and analysis of organizational data from state partners.
- Produce evaluation reports and update metrics on program data for board, staff, and partner organizations.
- Write and/or edit departmental grant applications and reports.
- Undertake other programmatic and administrative duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Experience in project management or program development to include: planning logistics, budgeting and reporting required. Non-profit advocacy and/or experience at political organizations preferred. Familiarity with database management and online tools and technology desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, and work well under deadline, with both short turnaround and longer-term projects.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Excellent writing, verbal, analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to learn about and adopt relevant technologies to advance the organization’s work.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills; solid judgement; critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to accept and take on new challenges for professional growth.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word and Excel) required, PowerPoint preferred.
- Cultural Competence: Commitment to racial justice, equity and inclusion; commitment to the environmental movement and community; value of the political process at all levels of government to effect change.
- Conditions: Able to work in excess of stated office hours when necessary to get the job done; ability to travel 15-20%.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “States Programs Coordinator” in the subject line by March 19. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse, Inclusive, and Equitable Workplace