Washington, D.C. – The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) and Climate Power launched an initial $100,000 ad buy on Facebook just after Senate passage of the Inflation Reduction Act to thank 12 climate champions for voting to cut costs, address climate change, and create millions of clean energy jobs.
This initial ad buy will run for five days between Senate passage and the House’s expected vote on the Inflation Reduction Act and will thank the following Senators:
- Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Michael Bennet (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Tom Carper (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (Paid for by Climate Power)
- Sen. Maggie Hassan (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. John Hickenlooper (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Mark Kelly (Paid for by Climate Power)
- Sen. Jon Ossoff (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Paid for by Climate Power)
- Sen. Raphael Warnock (Paid for by LCV)
- Sen. Ron Wyden (Paid for by LCV)
Upon Senate passage of the historic Inflation Reduction Act, LCV issued a statement from SVP of Government Affairs Tiernan Sittenfeld and Climate Power issued a statement from Executive Director Lori Lodes.
The two groups have run an 18 month advocacy campaign to pass bold climate legislation. From over 400 events with members of Congress, cabinet officials, and other federal and local leaders, to LCV field teams knocking over 575,000 doors in key states, to engagement with more than 27,000 small businesses, to town hall advocacy, to thousands of calls, to butter and ice sculpture art activations, to more than $50 million in paid TV and digital ads, LCV, Climate Power, and LCV’s state affiliates and partners left nothing on the table in the fight for the most significant climate bill in history.
# # #