To: Interested Parties
From: Courtnee Connon, Communications Coordinator, LCV Action Fund
Date: October 22, 2020
Re: LCV GreenRoots and Green Wave 2020 Member Mobilization Programs Update
LCV’s GreenRoots member-mobilization program and Green Wave 2020 partnership is focused on helping elect and re-elect 51 LCVAF-endorsed candidates, including Joe Biden & Kamala Harris, 11 U.S. Senate candidates and 39 U.S. House candidates.
Through LCV’s GreenRoots program that launched early last month with a $1.3 million investment we have deployed 75 organizers to mobilize LCV members for critical races in 15 key states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ME, MI, MT, NC, NH, NV, PA, VA, and WI.
Members have been calling, texting and participating in online events with campaigns in order to support 51 LCVAF-endorsed candidates, including Joe Biden & Kamala Harris, 11 U.S. Senate candidates and 39 U.S. House candidates. Additionally, we have partnered with Vote Forward to increase civic participation by organizing our members to send letters to voters. In the last week alone we’ve almost doubled the number of members getting engaged and the number of shifts completed. Despite organizing limitations due to the global health pandemic, our members are fired up and doing everything they can to elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, flip the Senate, and grow the pro-environment House majority.
Now, as our organizers begin to transition into Get Out The Vote efforts, I wanted to share some of the highlights from the past month and a half:
- More than 1,500 members have completed at least one action through GreenRoots.
- Those members have completed nearly 10,000 shifts, more than doubling the number of shifts completed at this point in the 2018 cycle.
- 840 LCV members wrote more than 37,600 letters to voters through Vote Forward.
- LCV members have made more than 200,000 phone calls and text messages and that number is growing daily.
Throughout the program, we have engaged our members in many exciting events including the following:
- LCV joined the cast of Hamilton and members of The Big Send coalition to launch a week-long letter writing challenge with Vote Forward. We kicked off the week with a virtual event featuring the cast of Hamilton and an appearance by our own Tiernan Sittenfeld. Watch Tiernan’s full clip here.
- U.S.Senator Tammy Duckworth (IL) joined LCV members for a webinar to talk about the importance of climate and environmental justice in this election and how to get involved.
- Representative Pramila Jayapal (WA-7) joined LCV members to talk about Joe Biden’s climate plan and the work she’s been doing to build a more just and equitable future.
- LCV Action Fund’s Tiernan Sittenfeld joined Senators Gary Peters (MI) and Tammy Baldwin (WI) for a conversation on protecting the Great Lakes and clean water for all.
- On behalf of LCV Action Fund, LCV GreenRoots Organizer Jean-Luc Duvall joined members of the Biden for President Climate Engagement Advisory Council (CEAC) and other youth organizers and activists to discuss the critical role of youth engagement on climate. The CEAC includes LCV Board Chair and Former U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Carol Browner; Congresswoman Deb Haaland (NM-1); Dr. Cecilia Martinez; Former Representative Harold Mitchell (SC-31); IBEW President Lonnie Stephenson; and Tom Steyer (Founder, NextGen America).
GreenRoots Organizer Jean-Luc is available to talk with press–let me know if you’re interested.
Green Wave 2020
LCV has partnered with four other major national environmental groups, EDF Action, NRDC Action Fund, NWF Action Fund, and the Sierra Club, to mobilize our members through Green Wave 2020. The collaboration is designed to mobilize our members to help elect pro environment candidates across 15 states. We’re focused on building a deeper majority in the House and winning a pro-environment majority in the senate, and–after four grueling years–a climate action champion in the White House.
Paid for by the League of Conservation Voters Action Fund, www.lcvactionfund.org, and not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee