We have an unprecedented opportunity to make historic investments in our nation’s infrastructure by passing the American Jobs Plan — the plan we need to get millions of people back to work in new good-paying, union jobs in the clean energy economy while tackling climate change and environmental racism.
The voters who elected President Biden, Vice President Harris, and environmental champions in Congress are counting on our leaders to deliver on historic commitments to clean energy, jobs, and justice and pass the American Jobs Plan. And state and local officials in all 50 states want action now.
Recent polling shows:
- 7 in 10 voters — on both sides of the aisle — support the American Jobs Plan
- A majority of Republicans (57%) say it is important that the plan “will help America combat climate change and create an equitable clean energy economy that uplifts workers and invests in disadvantaged communities”
- And support for key climate and environmental policies within the American Jobs Plan is extremely high:
- 70% of all voters support investing in clean energy generation and storage, like solar panels and wind turbines
- 70% of all voters are more likely to support the plan if it includes provisions to prioritize oil and gas workers for new clean energy jobs that have fair labor standards and the opportunity to unionize
- 77% of all voters support upgrading and modernizing airports, ports, and public transit systems
- 70% of all voters support investing in reliable passenger and freight rails service, like Amtrak
- 61% of all voters support building electric vehicle charging stations across the country
Elected officials across the country are just as fired up. Over 1,200 state and local elected officials in all 50 states signed our letter to Congressional leadership calling for a recovery package that creates and sustains millions of good paying jobs, puts us on the path to 100% clean energy, and builds a more equitable and just society.
In fact we’ve worked with elected officials, labor leaders, and other advocates across the country to publish their support for the American Jobs Plan and the specific positive impacts it will have on their communities:
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer: Michigan needs Biden’s jobs plan
- Wisconsin Conservation Voters and Great Lakes LIUNA: American Jobs Plan presents opportunity to rebuild Wisconsin’s manufacturing, labor, environmental legacy
- Ohio Environmental Council: Biden’s plan good for Ohio’s people, jobs and the environment
- North Carolina LCV and AFL-CIO: Jobs Plan will benefit workers and the planet
- Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid: Going big and bold is smart policy and smart politics
- Conservation Minnesota Voter Center and Local 1091 LIUNA: Jobs and the environment can and should work together
The Biden-Harris administration had the strongest first 100 days for climate and environmental justice we’ve ever seen. The stage has been set. Now it’s time to pass the American Jobs Plan.
# # #